Hi Manu,

thanks for your reply. These are my current directories:

[1] C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages
Directory for eggs globally installed. This works.

[2]~/workspace/myproject/env
Test trac environment which is picked up by tracd later

[3]~/workspace/myproject/src/plugin
Source directory of my mind-boggling trac plugin :-)

[4]~/python
Local directory I've set up to include it in PYTHONPATH and to keep my
egg-link files in.

As said before, my PYTHONPATH contains [4];%PYTHONPATH%

I'll change into directory [3] and issue this command:

> python setup.py develop --install-dir=[4]

The script then happily creates site.py, easy-install.pth and
plugin.egg-link in [4], all files referencing [3] where appropriate.
site.py gets compiled into site.pyc, everything looks perfect. My
trac.ini in [2]/conf contains:

[components]
# ... other plugins
plugin.* = enabled

I change into directory [2]/../ and start up tracd using this command:

> python C:\Python23\Scripts\tracd -r -s -p 80 --auth env,users.txt,trac env

trac starts, everythings works... expect from my earth-shaking plugin,
which is not available. Again: When I deploy it into [1] using "python
setup.py install", it works like a charm.

Can you or anybody else see anything supicious? Regards,

-  Christian