From: trac-users@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Leon Torres
Sent: Monday, January 08, 2007 2:33 PM
To: trac-users@googlegroups.com
Subject: [Trac] Re: Possible to use plain text instead of wikiformatting?

Hi again. :-)

It doesn't quite match what the user types in.  The specific issue my boss
had was when he was typing in several lines like follows:

Line 1.
Line 2.
Line 3.

This isn't an itemized list, just several lines intended to be separated by
a CR.  The wiki formatting put them all into one paragraph:

Line1. Line2. Line3.

Whereas in a standard <pre> text, it would come out exactly as the user
typed.

For instance, see the sourceforge issue description boxes.  Those use plain
text formatting and what you type is what you get.
I personally don't mind the wiki formatting as plain text input, but one day
my boss typed in a ticket for me to do and when I read it, the lines were
jumbled together and created a communication issue.

- Leon

Really the wiki formatting is only there to make things look pretty if they just type it'll come out as plain text (or at least it 'should'). Just reinforce the use of the 'preview and confirm' practice.