Hi,

Using trac version 0.10.3(-1) on Debian Etch with apache2/mod-python.

I'm currently letting Apache do authentication against sqlite for trac, and
only allow authenticated users. The same database also holds user profiles
with lots of other information. What is the cleanest way to provide the
"full name"/"email address" information to trac?

I would like to disable the form from trac.Settings and pull everything from
the database.
Do I need to create a session for this? If yes, what's the best way to do
this?

Looking at...
http://trac.edgewall.org/browser/tags/trac-0.10.3/trac/Settings.py - already
assumes a session and just sets session_attributes "name" and "email"
http://trac.edgewall.org/browser/tags/trac-0.10.3/trac/web/main.py -
instantiates new session "on contact" if necessary
http://trac.edgewall.org/browser/tags/trac-0.10.3/trac/web/session.py -
doesn't seem to provide an API for _outside_ session creation (so either I
mimick most of trac.main (providing req, env, and so on) or I manually
INSERT into trac's database and create a cookie myself)

Please keep in mind I'm doing this outside of trac (if it's a session I
would create it after logging the user in, i.e. before main.dispatch()
created a new session).
Where's a hook for this?

I see another option: Hack all templates which use full name and email
address to pull it from a cookie which I set at login time. This seems very
dirty but if it only affects the new ticket/change ticket screens and the
session-way has issues I'd consider it.
If someone changes such a cookie manually it's not tragic. This would be a
comfort, not a security feature.

Anyone done this before? This seems so basic I suspect there is a more
straightforward way...

Thank you,
Danny