Noah Kantrowitz wrote:

Nils Breunese wrote:
Noah Kantrowitz wrote:

Nils Breunese wrote:
Emmanuel Blot wrote:

Is someone on this list running Trac on CentOS 4 using mod_python and the standard CentOS sqlite and python-sqlite packages? Are python- sqlite-1.1.7 and sqlite-3.3.3 really incompatible, even though Red
Hat and CentOS are shipping these versions together?

There are not incompatible per se, from PySQLite web site, PySQLite
1.1.x is compatible with SQLite3 but uses a "legacy" API.
However, Trac needs the new API.

See also http://initd.org/tracker/pysqlite/wiki/PysqliteVersions

You mean Trac can't use the legacy API. ;o)

So it is not possible to use Trac using stock RHEL/CentOS 4 packages? Do I need to go and compile my own stuff now? Are there any instructions
for getting Trac to run on RHEL/CentOS 4?

http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracOnRhel4 perhaps ;-)

Hehe, I hadn't found that one yet. But my setup is exactly like
described there. That links doesn't mention anything special about
installing special version of sqlite or python-sqlite and I am using the
trac package from rpmforge.

RPMForge does seem to have the older 1.0.x pysqlite, which Trac can use.
This is probably your best bet.

Why would that help? From what I read pysqlite 1.0 is not compatible with sqlite 3.x and sqlite 3.3.3 is what comes with CentOS 4.4.

Nils Breunese.