On Oct 5, 10:43 am, Raiko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have the following directives in my apache configuration.
>
> <Location />
>         SetHandler mod_python
>         PythonHandler trac.web.modpython_frontend
>         PythonOption TracEnvParentDir /var/trac/projects
>         PythonOption TracUriRoot /
>     </Location>
>     <Location "/[^/]+/login">
>         AuthType Basic
>         AuthName "Deksesuma Trac Server"
>         AuthUserFile /var/trac/.htpasswd
>         Require valid-user
>     </Location>
>
> When I try to log in, I get the "Authentication information not
> available" error message. I searched the group and I see similar
> directives, but they don't work for me.
>
> If I put the directive under my main domain instead of a subdomain, it
> works.

What version of Apache are you using?

What happens if you change the order of the two Location directives
around so the more specific one comes first? Does it still not work.

Does your physical document root directory specified by DocumentRoot
directive have files and/or subdirectories which match the lead
components of what would be the login URL?

FWIW, the way that the Location directive is used with mod_python to
setup Trac causes a lot of problems at times because of interactions
with physical files in actual document root. The way the directives
are used in mod_wsgi avoids the problems that mod_python often has and
you may find it simpler to use mod_wsgi. :-)

Graham