May I suggest some alternatives?

The very first time I installed Trac was a disaster, trying compile
it from the various parts.  I did eventually succeed.

Trac was very easy for me to install on MacOS the second time using
MacPorts; there is currently a glitch in MacPorts, with a filed bug,
and workarounds listed, where the workarounds take about five lines
(you need to fake out the python install up to 2.5 if you are going
to run mod_python).

An experienced administrator, but who had never seen Trac before,
installed it easily (15 minutes?) on Solaris using BlastWave.

A colleague at work installed it pretty quickly on a Linux box,
though I don't know much about the details.

If AIX lacks the software packaging tools/communities that are
available on platforms like Mac OS, Solaris, and Linux, I am not sure
that you can blame the Trac team for failing to come through for
you.  Or perhaps, it's out there, but you haven't found it yet (I
didn't know about BlastWave when I started in on my server, and I
even work for Sun.)

Right now, I am using Python 2.3 and Trac 0.10.3 on the Solaris box,
Python 2.5 and Trac 0.10.4 on my Mac.  I back up and tinker with the
Solaris site by rsync'ing (sqlite database and all, yes I know that
is sleazy) over to the Mac, where Trac helpfully whines at me about
my need to upgrade my database (so I do) and then it runs fine.  My
very first Trac install instead used Postgres; that worked fine too.

I hope this is helpful.  If you decide to ditch the AIX boxes, my
employer will happily sell you replacements :-).

If you are looking for a replacement, good luck.  We ended up with
Trac because it was the best choice we could find, and I'm really
pretty happy with it, especially when I consider the alternatives.

yours,

David Chase