Noah Kantrowitz kirjoitti:
> On Jun 25, 2008, at 1:33 AM, Jani Tiainen wrote:
>
>> There seems to be growing demand for have more user friendly
>> documentation for Trac, specially setting Trac up and getting around
>> various issues. Currently you need to pick all information from
>> various
>> sources, tickets, wiki pages and discussion lists. This should be
>> changed to provide more pleasant first time impression.
>>
>> Of course this means that we need people to do this.
>>
>> "Documentation team" (since it's yet unofficial thingy) goals are:
>>  - Create book-style (ready to print) documentation for Trac
>> (something
>>    like SVN book)
>>  - Establish official installation procedure for Trac.
>>  - Provide example uses for main components
>>  - Provide resolutions to common problems
>
> You mean like the docs I've already been working on? Just submit
> patches against what is in svn. The new docs will be a complete
> rewrite, since at least with the current install docs I get the urge
> to light them on fire whenever I actually read them. There was a
> thread about this on Trac dev a few months ago. The general consensus
> is that we will continue using ReST+Sphinx for the new docs, but dump
> to pre-rendered HTML for releases so as to not requires any of the
> doc* packages at runtime.

Well pretty much. Except what I last time saw it was more like
reorganized help pages from what is now contained in Trac Wiki.

But yes, idea is same you describe. Hope that you don't need to work alone.

Could you post here how it currently looks like and short guide how to
get started to work with current docs?

--
Jani Tiainen