Emmanuel wrote:
> You've change the files' owner to _www, so only _www can R/W the files.
> Which means that from the command line, you need to start tracd as the
> _www user.
>
> It should also work with Apache shipped w/ Leopard.

The thing is that it doesn't.

> What do you want to exactly achieve (I'm not sure about your goals) ?

I want to do that, I would like to run Trac using Apache (the Leopard
bundled one) and FastCGI (as far as I understand FastCGI is used by
Trac).

I will recollect here what I have done (which is what it has been done
in the tutorial I mentioned before --
http://www.sonzea.com/articles/subversion-trac.html
-- so, pretty much I'm just "copy-pasting" that section).

--Configure Apache to run TRAC using FastCGI--

I created a file at /private/etc/apache2/extra called httpd-
fastcgi.conf and added the following contents:

###Starts File###
# Enable fastcgi for .fcgi files
<IfModule mod_fastcgi.c>
   AddHandler fastcgi-script .fcgi
   FastCgiIpcDir /private/var/run/fastcgi
</IfModule>

LoadModule fastcgi_module libexec/apache2/mod_fastcgi.so
###Ends File###
*Note: I've noticed that I don't have the /private/var/run/fastcgi
directory, is this a problem?

Created a file at /private/etc/apache2/extra called httpd-trac.conf
and added the following contents:

###Starts File###
ScriptAlias /trac /usr/local/share/trac/cgi-bin/trac.fcgi
FastCgiConfig -initial-env TRAC_ENV=/usr/local/trac

<Location "/trac">
  SetEnv TRAC_ENV "/usr/local/trac"
</Location>

<Directory "/usr/local/share/trac/cgi-bin">
    AllowOverride None
    Options None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>
###Ends File###
*Note: I've also noticed that I don't have the file: /usr/local/share/
trac/cgi-bin/trac.fcgi nor directory /usr/local/share/trac/cgi-bin, is
this a problem?

At the end of the file /etc/apache2/httpd.conf included directives to
these new files:

###At the very end of httpd.conf I added this lines###
# FastCGI
Include /private/etc/apache2/extra/httpd-fastcgi.conf

# TRAC
Include /private/etc/apache2/extra/httpd-trac.conf
###Ends httpd.conf###

Then I restarted the server and tried the URLS http://localhost/trac
and https://localhost/trac and neither of them worked. I get a:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /trac on this server.

With both of them. In the apache2 error_log I get:

[Thu Jun 26 00:43:51 2008] [error] [client ::1] client denied by
server configuration: /usr/local/share/trac

Sorry for the long post, but I'm trying to give as much information as
I can think of in order to get some advice on what to try.

Cheers,
Max.