Olemis Lang wrote:
> ... I decided that I will not use forms auth, or any other workaround
> (e.g. the one provided by Noah ... thnx Noah for the pointers ...),
> since IMO every web app / framework like Trac should have a (...
> decent or not ...) logout mechanism so that users be able to close
> their respective sessions, thus allowing multiple users to use a
> single PC | browser ... and many other use cases. That's the way it
> should be ... let's imagine now that Person1 needs to work in
> «wonderful» PC1, and when Person2 executes 'switch to user' or
> 'logout' command she founds out that no logout is performed and
> besides that the only solution at hand is to restart «wonderful» PC1
> ... I really dont see the point in doing so ... IMHO this is a serious
> issue ...

So, first, I think your use case is a bit flawed.  First, no restart of
<<wonderful>> PC1 need be performed.  Simply closing and re-opening the
browser will suffice.

More than that, however, is the fact that most users aren't used to HTTP
Auth anyway.  Most users are used to form based auth.  This is what you
get with Gmail, Yahoo, Facebook, Hotmail, etc.

Regardless, I hope you get your plugin working properly and it meets
your needs.

-John