Hello Scott,

   Here's what I have configured in my Trac instance:

In Trac.ini (abbreviated):
[milestone-groups]
deployed.css_class = deployed
readytobuild.css_class = readyToBuild
readytodeploy.css_class = readyToDeploy
readytorelease.css_class = readyToRelease
readytotest.css_class = readyToTest

In htdocs/style.css:
table.progress td.readyToBuild { background: AliceBlue; }
table.progress td.readyToRelease { background: Aqua; }
table.progress td.readyToTest { background: CornflowerBlue; }
table.progress td.readyToDeploy { background: Blue; }
table.progress td.deployed { background: DarkBlue; }

I hope that helps.

-Eric