Why are you using both os.environ and SetEnv at same time? You
shouldn't do that. Use just SetEnv and make sure you are setting the
correct variables. At the moment you are setting trac.env_parent_dir
for both when you should be using trac.env_path for one in line with
what os.environ variables you were trying to use.

For why you are having problems when using os.environ read:

http://code.google.com/p/modwsgi/wiki/ApplicationIssues#Application_Environment_Variables

where it explicitly mentions Trac as an example of variable leakage.

Also read:

  http://code.google.com/p/modwsgi/wiki/IntegrationWithTrac

where it suggests you use separate daemon process groups and not
embedded mode if distinct instances, especially where they may have no
common set of plugins etc. At the moment you are mixing two instances
in one interpreter of process and that may cause other conflicts in
addition to your current problem where plugin sets and dependencies
are different.

Graham