On Feb 18, 6:29 pm, Roger Oberholtzer <roger.oberholt...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-02-17 at 14:40 -0800, Graham Dumpleton wrote:
> > Have you read:
>
> >  http://code.google.com/p/modwsgi/wiki/IntegrationWithTrac
>
> I have read it now. Thanks for the pointer. It will help. Of course,
> mod_python is currently working great. I understand that it is no longer
> maintained. But, as they say, if it ain't broken...

You do know that mod_python leaks memory in parent Apache process. If
you do a large number of Apache restarts (not stop/start), all the
Apache processes will gradually grow in memory size. The mod_python
has various other bugs in it as well, but in the main most people
wouldn't notice or encounter them.

If you do change to mod_wsgi, ensure you disable mod_python from the
Apache installation because mod_python will keep causing this memory
problem even if not actually used.

Whether you use mod_python or mod_wsgi embedded mode, just make sure
you don't use Apache prefork MPM. See:

  http://blog.dscpl.com.au/2009/03/load-spikes-and-excessive-memory-usage.html

Graham