No, best way to modify CSS is via the ThemeEngine plugin. With that you can just specify custom CSS in a text field on the admin screen.

--Noah

On Jun 3, 2010, at 6:01 AM, Ben wrote:

I'm on Windows and running my Trac server via IIS.  I have Python
installed in D:\Python25.

When I launch a browser and navigate to my Trac project home page it
looks like Javascrip, images and CSS files are being loaded from D:
\Python25\Lib\site-packages\trac\htdocs.

Is there a simple way to redirect my Trac project to use a different
htdocs folder?

I've looked on the Trac Wiki and seen discussion of templates - is
that the only way to do this?  Use the template method, it looks like
I have to write Python-like code to customise the template.  Can't I
just point the project at my own copy of trac.css, say, and then
tinker with the layout in there?

Cheers
Ben