Hi Matthew, Chris,

Thanks for the help so far...

I'm fairly certain these are (mostly) not session data as one specific user
left before I introduced Trac (data was imported from an old bugzilla instance).

> Whenever someone leaves, we:
>
>   1. Reassign all their tickets using batch reassign

...is that a trac-hack?

>   2. Remove the user's permissions (via the web UI)
>   3. Reassign any components the user owns
>   4. Remove the session data so that the user doesn't show up in the
> drop down assignment list:
> {{{
> delete from session where sid = 'username';
> delete from session_attribute where sid = 'username';
> }}}
>
> > That's where I'll
> > go next if noone has anything I can pick up.  The users in question
> > are not in the session tables so the emails must be in the ticket
> > data somewhere...
>
> Likely in session_attribute, but if they're not there, they
> may also be in the ticket's CC list as explicit emails (as that
> field does username -> email lookups or can take explicit
> emails as well, IIRC)
>
> select id,cc from ticket;
>
> It's also possible that the "reporter" field does the same thing:
>
> select id,reporter from ticket;
>
> Of course, you can limit it to explicit emails via something like:
>
> select id,cc from ticket where cc ~ '.@.';
>
> or whatnot.

Thanks very much, that is most helpful.  Of course *smack forehead* the other
possibility is that bugzilla used email addresses as usernames... So I need to
check the reporter and owner values too.

~ mark c