On 01/30/2012 01:09 PM, simo wrote:
If it's new, you may need to sudo updatedb.

Did it but it doesn't change anything !

Then it's not in any other place, and that could be part of your issue. Where are all your trac "guts"? The attachments, trac.ini, etc? Without them, this won't work.

Firstly, it doesn't look like you turned on the RewriteEngine, so those
lines aren't doing anything, and I'd leave them commented out until you
have the rest of it working.
Yes, I turned it on

Okay.

Also, why are you bothering with fcgi? wsgi is faster, and it's actually
what I'm using... I just have old fcgi config around.

Ok for me to use wsgi. I installed and enabled the apache module.
I had a glance on that page ( http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracModWSGI
), but I'm not familiar with python environnement and don't really
know what to do, specifically regarding the script.

I'm willing to follow your instructions.

Okay. firstly, I apologize - I pasted the wrong file originally. I sent the .wsgi script, not the .fcgi script. This is the .fcgi script:

{{{
(mattc@eng) /opt/trac/eng/static-htdocs/cgi-bin$ less trac.fcgi
#!/usr/bin/python
# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-
#
# Copyright (C) 2003-2009 Edgewall Software
# Copyright (C) 2003-2004 Jonas Borgström <jo...@edgewall.com>
# All rights reserved.
#
# This software is licensed as described in the file COPYING, which
# you should have received as part of this distribution. The terms
# are also available at http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracLicense.
#
# This software consists of voluntary contributions made by many
# individuals. For the exact contribution history, see the revision
# history and logs, available at http://trac.edgewall.org/log/.
#
# Author: Jonas Borgström <jo...@edgewall.com>

try:
    import os
    import pkg_resources
    if 'TRAC_ENV' not in os.environ and \
       'TRAC_ENV_PARENT_DIR' not in os.environ:
        os.environ['TRAC_ENV'] = '/opt/trac/eng'
    if 'PYTHON_EGG_CACHE' not in os.environ:
        if 'TRAC_ENV' in os.environ:
            egg_cache = os.path.join(os.environ['TRAC_ENV'], '.egg-cache')
        elif 'TRAC_ENV_PARENT_DIR' in os.environ:
            egg_cache = os.path.join(os.environ['TRAC_ENV_PARENT_DIR'],
                                     '.egg-cache')
        pkg_resources.set_extraction_path(egg_cache)
    from trac.web import fcgi_frontend
    fcgi_frontend.run()
except SystemExit:
    raise
except Exception, e:
    print 'Content-Type: text/plain\r\n\r\n',
    print 'Oops...'
    print
    print 'Trac detected an internal error:'
    print
    print e
    print
    import traceback
    import StringIO
    tb = StringIO.StringIO()
    traceback.print_exc(file=tb)
    print tb.getvalue()

}}}

All that said, with wsgi turned on, do:

trac-admin <env> deploy <dir>

and that will do put all the right bits specified by the trac instance in <env> into the directory <dir>

Here is my httpd.conf, somewhat munged to remove stuff which is specific to my company. Comments are in <<< comment >>> so you know to replace/remove them.
{{{
<VirtualHost *:>
    ServerName <<< server name >>>
    ServerAlias trac

    # Serve (relatively) static chrome files directly from the
    # filesystem. Use trac-admin's deploy command to create the
    # static-htdocs directory:
    Alias /trac/chrome <<< base trac path >>>/static-htdocs/htdocs
    <Directory "<<< base trac path >>>/static-htdocs/htdocs">
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Directory>

    WSGIDaemonProcess trac user=www-data group=www-data threads=50
    WSGIScriptAlias /trac <<< path to wsgi file created by deploy >>>
    RewriteEngine on

    # RewriteLog /var/log/apache2/rewrite.log
    # RewriteLogLevel 9

    # It seems mod_fcgid/mod_wsgi includes _only_ the environment values
    # specifically set below, so we do need to set LANG here explicitly.
    DefaultInitEnv LANG "en_US.UTF-8"
    DefaultInitEnv TRAC_ENV "<<< your path to base trac location here >>>"

    # Redirect bare requests to /trac
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/$
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ <<< your URL here >>>/trac%{REQUEST_URI}

<Directory /<<<your path to base trac location here >>>/static-htdocs/cgi-bin/>
        WSGIProcessGroup trac
        WSGIApplicationGroup %{GLOBAL}
        Order deny,allow
        Allow from all
    </Directory>

    <Location "/trac">
          SetEnv TRAC_ENV "<<< your path to base trac location here >>>"
    </Location>

    <Location "/trac/login">
      <<< your login credential stuff goes here >>>
    </Location>
</VirtualHost>
}}}

--