On 12/16/2013 04:56 AM, Ala Maison wrote:
Hello,

After enabling the trac website, i checked that it worked so now i have
000-default and trac in my sites-enabled directory.
Then the a2ensite trac command asked me to reload the service by
executing service apache2 reload, but this command gives me the
following output,

Make sure you're doing:

sudo service apache2 reload

"Usage: /usr/local/apache2/bin/httpd" and the a bunch of options.
It ends by "httpd: abnormal exit 1"

I don't know what any of  this means :/

Well, if sudo doesn't fix it, it means you've somehow managed to break the Ubuntu apache install, by somehow feeding the startup script bad data. Assuming you didn't outright alter the startup script, did you, perhaps, add some options in /etc/defaults/apache2 (or similar?). Basically, something sourced by the init script which starts httpd is doing something wrong, hence why httpd is complaining.

If all else fails,

sudo apt-get install --reinstall apache2

may very well set you right.
--
Matthew Caron, Software Build Engineer
Red Lion Controls | www.redlion.net