On Sunday, September 22, 2019 at 9:00:02 PM UTC-7, Peter Ashford wrote:

> I'm fairly new to Trac administration, and I'm trying to spin up two
> instances of Trac with GIT on the same server.  Both of these instances
> will be lightly loaded, but will use different workflows.  I'm using the
> instructions in TracMultipleProjects/MultipleEnvironments, and I think
> it'll work out OK, but I've got a few questions.
>
>    1. I'm looking at the recent 1.4 release, but there are no plugins
>    listed as working with that version.  What needs to be done to verify
>    proper functionality of the plugins for 1.4?  I don't need much:
>       - workflow (TracWorkflowAdminPlugin & WorkflowNotificationPlugin)
>       - sub-tickets (SubticketsPlugin)
>       - user administration (AccountManagerPlugin)
>       - ini editor (I used to use IniAdminPlugin)

Right, there are just a few so far:
https://trac-hacks.org/tags/1.4

Testing plugins with 1.4 is needed and appreciated. Give the plugin a try,
check the logs for errors, see if the functionality is working correctly.
If yes, feel free to tag the plugin with 1.4. If you find issues, please
open a ticket on trac-hacks.org. The plugin you mentioned are important
ones, and will likely get fixed fairly quickly.

>    1. One of these two instances is currently running on a 1.2 TRAC
>    system (I think - might be 1.0), without GIT.  Is there a page that
>    describes the process of backup/restore of the SQLite DB?
>

> Mostly it's just a matter of copying the trac.db file, which is a major
benefit of SQLite.
See also: https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracBackup

>    1. I'm running this on a GCP f1-micro instance (614MB memory, "free
>    forever"), but the Apache instances are HUGE.  I believe that most of this
>    is from loading modules that I won't be using.  Is there a good way to
> know
>    what modules can be safely removed?  Perhaps an Apache module dependancy
>    diagram?  Should I be using something other than Apache for this?

- Ryan