I had to stop using Trac when I upgraded the machine to Python3. Call that machine pq3 and Trac is currently off the air.

The reason is pq3 also runs a couple of Django staging servers which have moved beyond version 1.11 and are therefore no longer capable of running on Python 2.7.

I can't wait for Trac on Python3 so I think my choices are ...

1. Set up a Python 2.7 venv on pq3 and re-install Trac there

... OR install Python 2.7 on a separate machine - call it pq2 - and ...

2. Redirect Trac traffic to pq2 from pq3 using Apache redirection

3. Redirect Trac traffic to pq2 from the router using different port forwarding - say 4430

pq2 and pq3 are both Ubuntu 18.04 and Apache 2.4 on both. Both machines are behind the same router and I can only direct web traffic to one and that has to be pq3. The Trac database is on pq3.

What do you recommend is the easiest course?

I plan to adopt Trac for Python3 as soon as it is released and retire pq2 permanently.

Thanks for any advice.

Cheers

Mike