Amazing! That did it. So now I can just set that in my config to execute after
tramp loads and it should persist, yeah?

I’m not sure what software they’re using for OTP; this is for accessing the
lonestar6 cluster at TACC, which is a part of the university of texas. They
have a lot of weird custom stuff that has caused me no end of trouble.

Many many thanks,
Trace