*
> that active.
>
> This project misses of a leader since the actual leader have left the
> project for personal reason and found nobody to replace him. It is damage
> because this project is great and powerful. The roadmap is rich and the
> 1.2.0 alpha1 is very interesting and promising. However, this project have
> a lack of a good and a modern documentation with a lot of practice samples.
> So the command line could be awful with so much options and lost the user
> and the software engineer. Even the new of the output of the last version
> (1.17) is not updated on the blog/official website.And I don't speak how to
> have the last version on the official website :-( A lot of things should be
> done before to restart on good news bases. The fact that 's an open source
> project do that he could live again easily with a motivated team. I am
> quiet sure that it could restart quickly. Nothing is lost. Crossed fingers.

Oh, I see.
Also, Can I help out in some way? I have some hands on on OS stuff, but I
am not a part of the open source project.

> >>< -R  n[,f1[,f2]]
>  0 Constant bitrate (CBR) encoding. [default]
>
> Ahah. You have yourself the answer at your question. You don't need to
> precise CBR because this value is by default. It is only useful when you
> are using two pass by sample.

> included. I don't care about the output file format, it could be any format
> which the other computer (client) can play, and no worries about the
> quality as well.
>
> Okay.  Here how I see things :
>
> In one pass for sample using ffmpeg, (you could use xvid too for the same
> result) :
>
> transcode -i Blood_Diamond.avi -o Blood_Diamond_Mod.avi -y ffmpeg, ffmpeg
> -F mpeg4 -w 5000 -N0X55 -E 44100,16,2
>
> I explain :
>
> -i Blood_Diamond.avi # the input file
> -o Blood_Diamond_Mod.avi # the output file
> -y ffmpeg, ffmpeg # utilisation of ffmpeg for video and for audio (I am
> not sure that the second is needed obligatory)
> -F mpeg4 # utilisation of codec mpeg4 of ffmpeg=> divx or xvid ?
> -w 5000 # specification of a bitrate of 5000
> -NOX55 # specification of output audio in MP3
> -E 44100,16,2 # samplerate at 44100, 16 bits,  2 channels (stereo). If
> you'd like the same change by -E 0,0,2 or 0,0,1 (for mono)
>

> In two pass and you 'll understand better how to use the R options (to my
> humble advice, I' m just an user) :
>
> transcode -i Blood_Diamond.avi -o /dev/null -y ffmpeg,null -F mpeg4 -w
> 5000 -R 1
>
> transcode -i Blood_Diamond -o Blood_Diamond_Mod.avi -y ffmpeg,ffmpeg -F
> mpeg4 -w 5000 -N0X55 -E 44100,16,2 -R 2
>
> Here you have moreover :
>
> -R 1 # first pass
> -R 2 # second pass
> -o /dev/null # for the first pass a tempory output
>
> Note : we don't matter about audio in the first pass so it why we don't
> specify a audio codec in -y ffmpeg,null
>
> If you have some errors running this command (the first or the both),
> could you please put the output of the terminal. Thanks.
>  Hopes this helps you.

It ran, but I still don't have a constant bit rate stream.

Here is what I did,

1.
transcode -i Blood_Diamond.avi -o /dev/null -y ffmpeg,null -F mpeg4 -w 5000
-R 1 -N 0x55
2.
transcode -i Blood_Diamond.avi -o Blood_Diamond_Mod.avi -y ffmpeg,ffmpeg -F
mpeg4 -w 5000 -E 44100,16,2 -R 2 -N 0x55

Now, streaming the output video.
vlc -vvv Blood_Diamond_Mod.avi --sout
'#rtp{dst=10.112.19.153,port=1234,sdp=rtsp://10.112.10.53:8080/test.sdp}'

But with bwm-ng tool, when I am monitoring the bandwidth, it comes out be
variable.

Same thing with
transcode -i Blood_Diamond.avi -o Blood_Diamond_Mod.avi -y ffmpeg, ffmpeg
-F mpeg4 -w 5000 -N 0x55 -E 44100,16,2

I do have the option to transcode from vlc as well, there I get a constant
bit rate stream also, but it's not able to transcode it at more than 20
Mbps.