Hello Guys,

Our core business application unlike many of the other projects we
have on the go is not based on transfer, this was because the business
requirement was that much of the data within the application not be
actually deleted. this was due to a requirement for both Auditing and
Report building which is based on objects which may or may have not
been deleted :-)

The way we handle this in the current application build is to have a
'DeletedOn' DateTime field, or alternatively a bit column called
Deleted, when an object instance in the application is 'deleted' then
these columns are modified, likewise all the select queries are taught
not to pull objects with these values set from the database. I've
always called this process 'soft deletes'.

I've been away from the Transfer project for a few months now and
thought that whilst I'm back for this brief spell I'd see whether
there were any new features on the ORM which would help it fit my use
case!?! Looking through the docs and nothing jumps out at me, does
anyone have a similar model to this working?

If not, how much work do you think would be involved in being able to
implement a boolean attribute to the <property> tag called 'soft
delete' or something along those lines? which effects the way that
transfer selects and deletes that object? I've really not looked into
the source for Transfer but wouldn't mind putting in the leg work to
add such a feature if there was a demand for it.

Rob