On Jun 30, 11:15 pm, Andrew Myers <am2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Okay yes, turning on debug shows that the gain is very small.  Absolutely no
> point in what I was trying to do.  Having sensible indexes helps though :-)
>
> Thanks Mark (again!).

Lazy loading causes clones to make more queries though which will be
slower if you need to do anything complicated with lots of clones.

Of course cloning collections doesn't clone the lazy collections so
you /gain/ performance there.

It's something you'd need to benchmark for your whole application.