On Vr, 2008-10-31 at 15:59 +0100, Julen wrote:
> F Wolff(e)k dio:

> Hi all,

Hallo Julen

> My two cents:
>
> Personally I like showing statistics on the front page, as it seems a
> call for contributors: "Hey, there's movement and still work to do!".
> Also it's more visual and you get the whole idea of what's going on at a
> sight.

I agree with this. My concern was that all statistics of the whole
server needs to be computed in order to show the first page. If somebody
installs Pootle and adds lots of files and then visits the front page,
all the statistics are generated (in the current setup, anyway). If we
can make the statistics display as they are available, then this
wouldn't be a problem, of course.

> I think the progress bar is a good visual highlight to summarize the
> status of the work. If you hover the mouse you'll see detailed
> information as a tooltip. Less numbers but maintaining the essentials
> seems a good candidate to Keep It Stupid Simple.
>
> All that said, I prefer Mozootle's view over the Pootle's current view.

I like the idea of showing a simple view with more detail in a tooltip
or something similar.

Keep well
Friedel

--