Dear Julen, thanks a lot for the informative and prompt reply!

When I run "python setup.py build_mo", I get many compile errors (warinngs?)
about missing language files.

-----------
/usr/src/Pootle-2.1.5# sudo python setup.py build_mo
/usr/lib/python2.6/distutils/dist.py:266: UserWarning: Unknown distribution
option: 'install_requires'
  warnings.warn(msg)
running build_mo
Preparing localization files
compiling fr language
skipping fr, probably invalid header: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
compiling en_GB language
skipping en_GB, probably invalid header: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
skipping lg, probably invalid header: expected read buffer, NoneType found
compiling nl language
skipping nl, probably invalid header: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
compiling pt_BR language
skipping pt_BR, probably invalid header: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
compiling fi language
skipping fi, probably invalid header: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
compiling it language
skipping it, probably invalid header: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
compiling da language
skipping da, probably invalid header: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
compiling zh_CN language
skipping zh_CN, probably invalid header: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
compiling eo language
skipping eo, probably invalid header: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
compiling kg language
skipping kg, probably invalid header: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
compiling sl language

After the compilation is over /usr/share/pootle is still missing, so
PootleServer is still run with the error.

I was not going to develop for Pootle I was just thinking that something was
wrong with my installation at this step so I have asked for help.

Since the problem is not related to running the server I will try to setup
Pootle today on top of Apache.
Hope it will work and me and our translators to enjoy the software.

Pavel