The initial problem has gone away after I have moved the sources to
/usr/share.

Then I went on to install Pootle over Apache.
But I'm stuck again.
When I open Pootle front page I get the following error message

"Server Error
An error has occured. Thank you for your patience."

Screenshot:
http://gyazo.com/da2ee07df220dcde566819bd045b25c6.png

This is what I get in  /var/log/apache2/error.log after updating the front
page.

/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/mod_python/importer.py:32:
DeprecationWarning: the md5 module is deprecated; use hashlib instead
  import md5
2011-03-15 15:24:24,104 WARNING Python-Levenshtein not found. Continuing
with built-in (slower) fuzzy matching.

I have no idea how to fix this, please help.
Is there an error log for Pootle?

Pavel