On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 4:46 PM, Fabien Grenier <fabien.gren...@rtone.fr>wrote:

> My PO files are in UTF-8 so I have to find another way to explore.

Also check whether the webserver enforces an encoding other than UTF-8.
You can verify with 'wget -S http://myurletc.com'.

Typically when you mention 'Greek encoding' or any other encoding such as
Cyrillic, etc,
you talk about the legacy 8-bit encodings such as iso-8859-7 (Greek).
These are not used anymore, and for whichever language you want, you would
just set it to UTF-8.

So, if you asked your web administrator for 'Greek Encoding', they may
simply enforced iso-8859-7,
which could be the cause of your problems.

Simos

> On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 15:41, Chris Leonard <cjlhomeaddr...@gmail.com
> >wrote:
>

> > On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 9:07 AM, Fabien Grenier <fabien.gren...@rtone.fr
> >wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Chris, thanks for your answer.
> >>
> >> Unfortunately I don't think it's a font problem. Indeed I can see greek
> >> letters in my computer (I see your pootle without problem) and I try to
> >> insert greek text in pootle (got with google traduction). I see that the
> >> http post request contains the greek text but the http response contains
> >> "????". I think it's a bad config of Pootle or perhaps Django. Did you
> do
> >> anything about encoding stuff when you installed pootle ?
> >>

> > I didn't do the install, so I can't say.  The other thought that occurs
> > me is to check the POT to see what it's encoding is (e.g. UTF-8 or what).
> > may not be able to help you as much as the other people on this list, but
> > thought I'd try to rule out some of the simpler error types.
> >
> > cjl

Q. Why is top posting bad?