On Do, 2011-12-22 at 09:22 +0000, Floris van den Hoeven wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> It seems that Google pulled the plug out of its machine translation
> API v1.
> If a translator now want to hit the Google button in Pootle then he
> will get a Google page which informs them of the new PAID version of
> the API.
>
> I tried changing to Apertium.. but I can't get this to work.
>
> How did you guys solve this issue?

Hallo Floris

Unfortunately, there is no free version left of Google Translate. Igor
implemented version 2 of the API for the upcoming Pootle 2, but even
then an API key is required.

Apertium should still work as well as ever, although I have heard of
people experiencing delays a while ago. Of course there are less
supported language pairs, but what they offer (for free/Free) is a big
gift.

Friedel

--
Recently on my blog: