On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 07:20:01 +0200 (CEST), das...@gmail.com wrote:
> I love using 100% free, but honestly not everything works good like this
> I'm
> sorry to say and like someone else said I don't want to be a traitor to
> the
> cause of 100% Free GNU/Linux like Trisquel which is really great, but I
> want
> my computer to work like it should in the 21st century.
>
> I tried installing the ATI drivers and when I did I thought that it
would
> also change the xorg.conf like it does by default in Ubuntu, but to my
> surprise the xorg.conf hadn't been changed and when I rebooted the mouse

> wouldn't work.
About your graphics card and 3D acceleration:
http://listas.trisquel.info/pipermail/trisquel-users/2010-March/000923.html

I'm guessing the proprietary ATI driver just gets confused since it relies

on the non-free blobs in the linux kernel. Since trisquel uses the
linux-libre kernel (deblobbed) there's no _functional_ advantage in using
the proprietary driver.

About the mouse not working; If you haven't specified anything in
xorg.conf
I'm not sure how to fix that problem, but if you have you might get it
working again by removing the lines related to pointing device. By
removing
the lines you're letting Xorg auto-detect devices.

-Øyvind J.