El 16/02/12 16:03, Patrick escribió:
[...]
BSD is very permissive, can the same code be re-licensed as GPL? I can't see why not if you can just take the code and hide it in commercial products.

I don't know very much about this but I have read that the BSD kernel is cleaner then Linux and the ports system seems nice.

The code from BSD (if it uses the modified BSD license also called the 3 clause BSD license) could be relicensed GPL v3 if wanted.

If it could be GPL'd what about Trisquel BSD? !

I don't think that Trisquel would be interested in such thing because it would be a totally different project. Nevertheless, it would be another free distro project that would cause two things: divide the effort and diversify options for freedom fighters. One is good the other is bad. You can always do what you consider best. I will cheer you and help if I can.

Greetings,
Quiliro