I don't know the answer to this question although I suspect it is just an oversight. If I'm not mistaken Trisquel is made from a base set of Ubuntu packages (with appropriate modifications to those packages).

Trisquel doesn't ship the exact same applications Ubuntu ships on the default install CD although does use the same packages (with possible modifications).

At the end of the day Trisquel is largely compatible with Ubuntu because the base packages are nearly identical except for the kernel and configuration tweaks. The supported hardware differs slightly mainly because the kernel is a derived from the mainline Linux kernel except without the none-free pieces.

The few exceptions where hardware may not be supported tend to be with the hardware dependent on non-free binary blobs. There have been some bugs due to the way Ubuntu packages firmware though.

So Trisquel's developers have probably not noticed critical missing packages.

I'm not sure if this is being actively used at the moment as it doesn't list 5.5 although here is where feature requests like that should generally be submitted:

http://trisquel.info/en/project/issues

I imagine there is a high chance it would be included in the future if the developers are made aware of it.