Well, all thou I haven't tested with the latest Trisquel's, as t3g pointed out earlier, there were/are (at least with other distro's) problems when one tries both upgrading and skipping one or more releases, with the 'proper tools'.

I'm not saying that the normal way is bad or anything, just that is simpler to both upgrade and skip one or more releases; by upgrading the packages using whatever repository you want.

Also, since I'm not using the Trisquel default desktop(s) and I'm 'significantly' personalizing my Trisquel experience I doubt that I can 'miss' that much by not using the normal way.