I believe he need to keep on repeating the same things over an over since people to not seem to understand:

rms is not against "commercialization of software" (he is against proprietary software and clearly says, in this interview, that the distinction between free and proprietary software has nothing to do with commercialization); he does not "take credit for Linux" (he clearly says, in this interview, that Linus Torvalds is at the origin of the kernel and decided, after some time, to distribute it under the GPL, hence filling the last remaining hole for a free operating system); he is far from having a "get off my porch" attitude (he invites everybody who values his freedom to embrace free software).

As for your impressions on the form, they are your own. I do not find him "aggressive", "angry", "bitter" or "cranky". He only defends his ideas.