I have used Trisquel for almost all my x86 computing for a little over 6 months. That is my usual web, email, office documents, light DTP, web site editing, photo editing, some programming and a bit of hobby graphics. The only thing I've been unable to use it for is updating my mobile phone's firmware, which is dependent on proprietary W$ software . That's shortly to get overwritten as the phone has had a month since last upgrade and hasn't had a forget everything crash.

The main issue I've had was with nVidia dual head support and moving to a more recent kernel from jxself fixed the worst of that. Things seem much better in the week or so I've been using Brigantia beta w/ Linux-libre 3.2.11.

A secondary issue was the [licensed] British radio has standardised on a single Flash platform for streaming so I had to move to using a radio for live broadcasts and get-iplayer for recorded BBC TV and radio. A bit of command line never did anyone any harm :-)