On 02/06/12 22:55, sirgr...@member.fsf.org wrote:
> Although you have to consider not all of us live in the EU.

The Dec 2011 Microsoft document that Glynn Moody links and quotes as
stating that Microsoft mandate user UEFI Restricted Boot override for
non-ARM processors is in the en-US part of msdn.microsoft.com . Almost
certainly international.

> Either way I would believe Trisquel's position is in line with the
> [https://www.fsf.org/campaigns/secure-boot-vs-restricted-boot/ FSF's
> position on "Secure Boot"]

Yes, I signed that petition when it started.  It's Oct 2011 and may have
been the first I heard of the issue, I really can't remember.  I would
encourage people to sign it if they haven't already.  However, events
have moved on. For all we know the start of that campaign may have been
what triggered the Dec 2011 document release.

I am of course, just speaking for myself.  The 'member' badge is a small
reward for paying money to support Trisquel. It doesn't make what I say
any more special than anybody else.
--
With computer technology we're building a world where Orwell's 1984
could be a childhood fantasy akin to Santa Claus. What makes you