I can't speak about what's in the kernel legitimately (meaning it's there through free software). But I can tell you that Trisquel uses the Linux-Libre kernel, which has been stripped of all non-free code. And there are no non-free drivers supported by Trisquel natively (the repositories do not carry them, they would have to be manually installed from a .deb file).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux-libre

Trisquel is a free operating system (both in price, and in liberty). All source code for everything in Trisquel is available. There is nothing anywhere in any of its drivers or supportive code bases or applications that does not have 100% source code available that you could literally compile on your machine, and reproduce what you have installed.

That being said ... are there actual, real, free software (with source code, and rights to change it) trusted kernel modules within Linux? There probably are. But, no matter where you go (with what Linux-based distro) you'd find that then.

Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin