I think I have maybe found a way to use Trisquel as my OS, yet avoid the ordeal of teaching myself how to recompile/reconfigure the kernel, but being a newbie, I would like feedback from experienced users before I pursue a possible dead-end.

Google searches indicate that INTEL_TXT.TXT, CONFIG_INTEL_TXT, etc., did not port into Linux until kernel version 2.6.32, so I am thinking that if I use Trisquel 3.5 or 3.0.1, the Intel code will not be present (Distrowatch lists Trisquel 3.5 as having kernel version 2.6.31, and Trisquel 3.0.1 using kernel 2.6.28). What do you all think of this? Advice welcomed!