I don't consider TXT to really be a deciding factor. I think having a system that works with free software is the number one priority. TXT is avoidable and so we should avoid it. However the handful of users who are avoiding the technology are not relevant to Intel. It's just too small a customer base.

The thing is there isn't much we can do individually right now to discourage this kind of technology. Even if we all individually purchased systems without TXT it wouldn't have an impact.

The best way to discourage this is by creating new companies that apply free software philosophy. If these companies get large enough they will have an influence on the market.

Right now there aren't a whole lot of companies though... I can think of maybe two and I run one. The other is www.eztakes.com.