On the profile edit page, under the email address textbox there is notice that says "... The e-mail address is not made public and will only be used if you wish to receive a new password or wish to receive certain news or notifications by e-mail."

Trisquel forum policy states that they do not 'disclosed' email addresses.
This is a LIE and was uncovered after Rick Hodgin qouted me while replying. In the qoute, the email address is clearly visible. So, email addresses are being disclosed to all users who receive email notifications of posts.

It is a good thing i did not use my gmail account details, else that would have been an actual privacy issue for me.

This forum seems to be having regular debates which sometimes turn agressive. So, revealing personal details to people holding grudges can lead to severe problems.

Please, look into this issue, so users can have peace of mind.
And please delete that 'lying' notice that email addresses are not made public, until it actually gets implemented.