While it would be cool to have a new LTS version, I feel like 5.5 hasn't been around for that long. Besides that, 5.5 is absolutely OK.

All in all, what needs updating, for the most part? Abrowser, the drivers, LibreOffice. To me, there isn't much else that needs updating. At least not that much.

Abrowser gets updated very well (my Abrowser is even newer than the Firefox that is installed on the Vista PC at work) and we have the repository for new libre-kernels, so waiting for 6.0 isn't that bad, Ruben can take time to make 6.0 the best Trisquel to date.