5.5 is a buggy mess and why I am still sticking with 4.0 until the next LTS. If the Trisquel team is trying to go with the Gnome 2 look, they either need to find more ways to hack Gnome Panel or switch over to MATE or XFCE completely. The current implementation is not working.

Will we see 6 anytime soon? Who really knows. This is kinda proof where free software projects lag behind when there isn't corporate backing or some Kickstarter campaign.

The original poster does have a point in getting some type of update on 6. For those that contribute money to Ruben every month... are any of you worried in how your money is spent when he isn't giving you updates. He does owe you guys some faith that this project is still somewhat active.