Heh, I remember when I used to be like that, where I didn't care about the operating system or software license as long as it worked. All I cared for was 'did it work, if not, how do I get it working?'. That's what I was like when I first started using Ubuntu mostly in 2009. Back then, I didn't even really know that graphical acceleration was only thanks to non-free firmware (radeon). One of the first things I would do after installing Ubuntu is install Flash, not even realizing the difference between proprietary and Free software.

In fact, the first time I learned of the whole 'Freedom vs. Proprietary' thing is when I first heard and installed Trisquel in late 2010 and wondered why there was no Flash player, besides Gnash. That's when I started to learn, and made a commitment to only use Free software from that point onwards. Yeah, I lost 3D acceleration, but oh well.

And since that day, I realize that it was the best choice I could've made. Today, I don't use Trisquel, but I do thank it for starting me out on the road to Freedom. Today, I use a system made up of fully Free software thanks to Parabola, and not only do I not have any problems with both the base system or even any applications, but it's also very, very powerful and stable. I haven't had a single problem that isn't easily fixable in months now, and I have a feeling it's because I don't have to wait for manufacturers to do a 'fix' to their software. I'm not dependant on them.

About games though, yeah, I do admit that the Free Software community has...little to offer to games when compared to proprietary titles. It's quite sad, but oh well.

And don't worry about people laughing about you for not having Adobe Flash. I've gone through the same. A few months back, I went to an online high school (that I had started when I was still using Windows...) and I asked them if they had any plans to switch from a fully Flash-based interface to something that would work with Free Software. They basically laughed at me, and months later, I dropped out (for multiple reasons, Flash being one of them) and wiped Windows off of my system on the same day.

And now, I'm trying to find ways to give back to the Free Software community.