Sorry but comparing the two can actually be fair. Linux Mint develops many more things than Trisquel, that's why they need more developers and more support. They even have their own applications and now their own Desktop Environment (Cinnamon), besides they support about 5 flavours of Linux Mint.

I don't mean to be rude, but it's really hard for me to donate to a project where there seems to be lesser and lesser effort into bringing releases earlier. According to Distrowatch, in earlier years, by now, Trisquel had already released the stable version correspondent to Ubuntu's 04 release, whereas today we don't even have a beta, not even a message explaining why this is happening. And this is really weird because supposedly now Trisquel has more support and more donations than before, so the release cycle should at least be the same.