Thanks for trying to help. I just downloaded Thunderbird, which I had succesfully used before, and checked wether it really is the same as in evolution and no, it's not the same at all. With thunderbird it takes less than one minute to set this up and it works perfectly. There is a lot less information to enter as well.. The problem is: I have already all my messsages, addresses and rules in evolution now, so I still want evolution to work.

It seems to be a big issue - on the Ubuntu Forums they have had a thread running for years on this and people are not getting it to work, others do, some say you have to pay for using evolution with yahoo .....

The error message is:
The reported error was "Welcome response error: Connection reset by peer".