I know what you mean. Microsoft still has a crapload of cash and they are still going to try to convince companies to support Microsoft no matter what. Their Windows 8 OS is pretty much a failure on the desktop and on their tablets and the Windows phones are under 3% marketshare and losing it.

The big threat to MS still is the huge percentage of servers running GNU/Linux instead of their offering. I have clients who have sites on existing IIS servers and I hate manipulating them. Since their business models and products are a product of a different era, they are looking for new ways to control people.

Maybe Microsoft is trying to convince those running GNU/Linux servers to make the switch to Windows. I don't consider Windows server admins to be real admins and I doubt real admins who are already comfortable with GNU/Linux and/or BSD are going to make the switch.