The thing about Nvidia cards is since Nvidia does not cooperate with us, the only support available for them is from reverse-engineering. It has produced good results, but that means newer cards might not work so well yet.

Like I said, you really should get Intel graphics if you can. Intel actually provides specifications and free drivers/firmware for GNU/Linux (for their graphics controllers; I think it varies for WiFi cards). But if you can't use Intel graphics, you should get an older Nvidia card that is known to work well, like the one http://libre.thinkpenguin.com sells (I have that card and it works very nicely).