On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 9:39 PM, <mikko.viinam...@students.turkuamk.fi>wrote:

> >I'm just asking for DejaVu Sans Mono size 11 to be rendered consistently
> on all Ubuntu-based distributions!
>
> Not exactly a Trisquel's goal.

But that's what Trisquel is: a free Ubuntu-based distribution.
The goal is to make it free, not just on purpose different from Ubuntu.
Otherwise, just remove Ubuntu-based from description and go with that.
The point was the DejaVu Sans Mono which is the default monospaced(i.e.
programmer's) font
in Ubuntu (and preserved so in Linux Mint) was screwed with on Trisquel for
no good reason.
You know how I got enthusiastic about Trisquel: I browsed the list of free
distros
and selected the one labeled Ubuntu-based. And it doesn't qualify for me as
Ubuntu-like
if it can't render the default font properly.
> I doubt any other distro's either...
As I've mentioned a few times, Linux Mint does the proper job.