I edited the file with gedit, so I'm out of luck there. I copied the xorg.conf file from the Live USB I used to install Trisquel, but its contents are exactly the same as lembas' suggestion.

As for the other commands, although the upgrade fixed some bugs I've had with my keyboard (for example, I have a key that on Windows would lock the screen, but on Trisquel it just typed "l" until now), it didn't appear to help with Blinder.

On a possibly related note, my computer has now become impossible to revive after falling asleep. No matter how much I press Enter or click, nothing happens. I can here some popping if I press Home, but the session won't come back and I have to reboot manually.