ejectm...@me.com wrote ..
> I am not referring to if you are the developer. You should
absolutely be able
> profit from your own work. But why must you also give others the
freedom to
> profit from your work, or the freedom to strip your profits away by
> distributing the work without charge? If physical goods could be
copied like
> software, no one would be able to make money.

I think you have a very narrow view on this. In the free software
world all code is shared and re-used. Why should someone's ability to
raise funds for their work be cut off just because they happened to
re-use someone else's code in order to save time and not be forced to
reinvent the wheel? The point is to avoid "code silos."