On 10/05/13 17:08, aaz...@mail.ru wrote:
Why? Are you think my country will be "infected"?

I think if software patents really such bad thing for the Society,
then countries without software patents will be have significant
competitive advantages.

If your society go mad and saw off the bough on which it is sitting,
then it is not concern of software_patent-free societies. It is
beneficial for software_patent-free societies. Because it would
weaken powerful competitors, like USA.

The real problem is that enabling MP3 support in web browsers might make
the patent problem bigger, because more web developers will use it.

At the moment it seems there is reasonably equal support for Ogg vs MP3.
IE, Safari and Chrome support MP3; Firefox, Opera and Chrome support Ogg
Vorbis.

I haven't found a lot of websites using MP3, so I'm not really convinced
there is a significant demand for it as well. (There is a demand for a
universal audio format, but I don't think that should be MP3).

Andrew.