Well, of course I didn't want to deny the tradition of the forum, which I think was (though imprecisely formulated ) clear after my post. Furthermore, this may be a tradition in this forum, but I'm free to think it's not a good one and it does more bad than good. I really like this forum, but this attitude bothers me and I can't identify with it.

No one has to show that proprietary software is acceptable when giving support in _some special_ cases. I say something like "Proprietary is not acceptable and does harm to you and society, I clearly recommend not to install it", so I think my position is clear. If my friend thinks it's really necessary, then I will help him. This seems to be a good attitude to me; refusing to help would be a bad action, and I don't see how it should become good only because it's about the trisquel forum and because it's a "tradition".